Chipotle Lime Tempeh Tacos
Keywords: entree vegan pealightful
Dinner was an easy one tonight. I’ve got no lunches to pack or crimping irons to manipulate, and the girls, well, they’ve got the costumes covered all on their own.
- 3 T. canned chipotles in adobo sauce (I use one pepper and 2 T. sauce, but you can adapt the spiciness by adding more peppers)
- 2 T. water
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 t. cumin
- 1-2 T. agave
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 pkg. organic tempeh
- taco shells (Garden of Eatin’ makes an organic variety)
- taco trimmings: lettuce, tomato, pico de gallo, olives and organic sour cream and cheese, if desired
- Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Using a hand grater or a food processor, grate tempeh until it resembles the texture of ground beef. Add tempeh to marinade and combine well.
- Allow to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray and saute tempeh until heated through and slightly toasted.
- Warm taco shells and fill with spoonfuls of the tempeh.
- Top with your desired trimmings.
Recipe by Peas and Thank You at http://peasandthankyou.com