LilahBars (Crispy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bar)
Keywords: raw bake breakfast snack dairy free nut-free vegan gluten-free
A special gluten-free, vegan and nut-free bar for the birthday girl -- the Crispy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bar!
- 2 medium bananas sliced thin, dried (see below for instructions)
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup gluten-free + vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- I used Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten-Free Cereal (you can also try new Gluten-Free Rice Krispies) and Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Slice bananas thin and place on a greased baking sheet (or use a baking mat, like this). Bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until dry. (You can also use a food dehydrator, but I don't have one.) Remove bananas from baking sheet with spatula and put to the side.
- Using a food processor or high speed blender, add sunflower seeds, dates, vanilla, sea salt and dried bananas. Pulse ingredients to begin pulverizing, then mix consistently until all ingredients come together into a cohesive mixture. Turn machine off, and add chocolate chips and brown rice crisp cereal, and pulse to mix together.
- Placing a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter, scoop mixture out of food processor or blender and shape into a ball on one side of the plastic wrap. Fold other side of plastic wrap over the top of the ball. Using a rolling pin, begin to roll the dough out into a rectangle. You may have to lift the top of the plastic wrap, reshape the dough and roll it out again a few times in order to achieve a rectangular shape.
- Once you have a flat rectangle, seal the plastic wrap around the mixture and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to solidify. Then, remove from refrigerator and take mixture out of the plastic wrap, placing it on a cutting board. Slice mixture horizontally, making 6 bars. Store in refrigerator in airtight container or plastic wrap to keep fresh.
Recipe by The G-Spot Revolution at http://www.thegspotrevolution.com