Sauteed Spinach with Mushrooms and Mozzarella
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 - 20 min
Keywords: saute side dish
A buttery and smooth spinach dish that's easy and delicious! **Don't forget to click the "Full Post" link to see the complete recipe and full, original post.**
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh Minced Garlic
- 4 cups (8 oz pkg) Spinach Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Begin melting the butter in a large skillet (or wok) over medium high heat.
- Add in the onion and a little salt. Stir continuously until the onion begins to soften. Then, add in the mushrooms and a little bit more salt. Continue stirring, and once the onions have begun to caramelize and the mushrooms are cooked, add in the garlic and pepper.
- Cook for just a moment more, before adding in the spinach leaves. Stir constantly until the leaves have begun to wilt consistently, but haven't turned to mush.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Allow it to rest for a moment before serving.
Recipe by Florassippi Girl at http://florassippigirl.blogspot.com/