Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: bake entree beef Mexican
Taco meets Lasagna - It's the best of both worlds!!
**Don't forget to click the "Full Post" link to see the complete recipe and full, original post.**
For the Meat:
For the Vegetable Mix:
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 packets Taco Seasoning
- Water (as indicated on seasoning packets)
- 1 (15oz) can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 (15oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 cups Salsa, divided
- 6 slices Pepper Jack Cheese (sandwich size)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and jalapeno with a splash of Worcestershire. Drain any excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and water. Finish cooking until the water is absorbed and remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients for the vegetable layers in a medium bowl, and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil lasagna noodles until desired tenderness. Drain and separate the noodles.
- Spread 1 cup of salsa to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles side by side on top of the salsa. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of that, then 1/2 of the vegetable mix. Lay the pepper jack cheese slices on top.
- Cover the pepper jack layer with another cup of the salsa, and then with 3 more noodles. Spread the last of the meat mixture, then the rest of the veggies. Now add the final 3 noodles, and spread the last cup of salsa. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted, and the sides are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Once plated, garnish with diced tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, sour cream and cilantro.
Recipe by Florassippi Girl at http://florassippigirl.blogspot.com/