Peanut Butter and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keywords: bake snack dessert vegan gluten-free
A gluten-free and vegan peanut butter and oats chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 4 Tablespoons applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons all-natural peanut butter, warmed
- 1/2 cup vegan, gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, flax meal, arrowroot, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the safflower oil, applesauce, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until a thick dough forms.
- Soften peanut butter by scooping into a small, microwave-safe bowl and placing in microwave for about 10 seconds. You may also warm the peanut butter in a small pot over low heat, stirring constantly until soft.
- Fold in the peanut butter. Then, add the chocolate chips and oats, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Drop the dough (should be the size of rounded Tablespoons) onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1-1/2" apart. Press each ball of dough in its center with your thumb, flattening a bit. Bake for 7 minutes, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for 7 minutes more, or until the cookies are golden brown and firm. Let stand on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by The G-Spot Revolution at http://www.thegspotrevolution.com