Keywords: bake entree vegetarian gluten-free
A recipe for gluten-free and vegetarian polenta lasagna -- deliciously fresh!
- 2 18-ounce sleeves of original/plain gluten-free polenta
- 2 medium portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/2 of a white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups (approximately) gluten-free pasta sauce
- 2 cups Creamy Basil and Oregano Tofu Ricotta
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- olive oil (for sautéing vegetables)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium pan, heat about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, white onion and minced garlic, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. While vegetables are cooking, slice polenta into 1/4-inch - 1/2 inch slices. Set polenta aside.
- Add spinach to the mushroom, onion and garlic mix, sautéing for additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce (about 1/2 cup) in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place one layer of polenta on top of sauce. Spread about 1 cup of the Creamy Basil and Oregano Tofu Ricotta mixture on top of polenta. Then, layer 1/2 of the spinach and mushroom mixture on top of the ricotta, followed by sprinkling 1/4 cup of the chopped black olives on top. Cover olives with a 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. Then, repeat the layering process, starting with a larger portion of sauce (about 1-1/2 cups) than bottom layer and ending with mozzarella. Top mozzarella with remaining 1-1/2 cups sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and bubble. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Recipe by The G-Spot Revolution at http://www.thegspotrevolution.com