Healthy Whole Grain Zucchini Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast bread snack dessert vegetarian
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (can sub in white flour)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups grated zucchini (with peel)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, flour through cloves.
- In a second, larger bowl, whisk together honey, egg, applesauce, zucchini and vanilla.
- In three parts, mix the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring well after each addition.
- Fold in pecans if using.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until top center of bread feels solid to the touch (not liquidy). The "toothpick test" tends to not work on this bread because it is so moist.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Powered by Recipage