Crispy, Baked French Fries
Keywords: bake side vegetarian vegan gluten-free
Wanna make the perfect french fry? Here's how.
- 3 large baking potatoes (like Idaho potatoes)
- olive oil, drizzled
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into strips (about 1/3-inch wide and thick) and place in strainer; thoroughly rinse and then put potatoes in a medium bowl. Cover potatoes with water and let sit for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Place potato strips on a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss with hands, sprinkling salt and pepper on top, as desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing occasionally with a spatula throughout bake time. (NOTE: If you go to toss them with a spatula and they don't budge easily, wait a bit before trying again. This helps to avoid broken fries!)
Powered by Recipage