Cook Time: 38 to 40 minutes
Keywords: bake side vegetarian gluten-free
A new spin on potato fries -- Polenta Fries!
- 1 18-ounce sleeve of original/plain gluten-free polenta
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- NOTES: I used Food Merchants Traditional Polenta. I also doubled this recipe because I was cooking for more people than the usual two of us.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice polenta into strips (about 1/2-inch wide and thick) and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss strips in olive oil, and sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss again to evenly distribute.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes, until polenta is golden and begins to crisp. If done, fries should easily lift from baking sheet by using a spatula. (NOTE: If they don’t budge easily, wait a bit before trying again. This helps to avoid broken fries!)
Powered by Recipage