Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Keywords: dessert vegetarian vegan gluten-free
Gluten-Free and Vegan Peanut Butter Cups -- what's not to love?
- 1⁄2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup gluten-free, vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- I used Earth Balance Olive Oil Natural Buttery Spread, Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Gluten-Free Cereal (you can also try new Gluten-Free Rice Krispies), Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, almond milk and slivered almonds for the topping.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and maple sugar, and mix well. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the brown rice crisp cereal. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 Tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving. (I put mine in the freezer for a bit to make sure they are really solid.)
Powered by Recipage