Blueberry Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 - 25 minutes
Keywords: bake bread breakfast snack kid-friendly
Adapted from Bob's Red Mill recipe for Nutritious Muffins, this blueberry version is a big hit and these muffins never lasts long in my house!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran cereal (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup non fat yogurt (I used Fage Greek 0%)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup ripe blueberries, preferably organic
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare muffin tins (lightly grease with non-stick spray or line with paper cups).
- 2) Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, mix together egg whites, oil, yogurt, vanilla and mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in blueberries and fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 3) Place muffins in the oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and share with your family.