Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
A healthy breakfast, light and fluffy.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 1/2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a pot, combine the oats with 1 1/3 cups water. Heat on the stovetop over medium high until the mixture begins to simmer. Stir and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently, until much of the water has absorbed.
- Pour in the egg whites and vanilla and whip with a fork until the mixture is well blended. Be sure to whip often or the egg whites will start to cook. Raise the heat to medium and stir in the butter.
- Continue to cook for about 4 more minutes, bringing the oats to a simmer.
- When all of the water has been absorbed and they appear puffy and creamy, cover the pot and remove from heat. Let the oats sit for 5 minutes, covered. Stir and serve.