Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: none
Keywords: raw appetizer entree side low-carb low-sodium nut-free soy-free vegetarian Cabbage fall winter spring
Simple, versatile, healthy, and delicious!
- For the Slaw:
- - 1/2 head of cabbage (I used red cabbage)
- - 1 Daikon radish, peeled
- - 2 Carrots, peeled
- - 1 Black radish, peeled
- - 1 small onion
- - 1 clove garlic
- - 1-2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (Optional)
- For the Sauce:
- - 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- - 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- - 1 Tbsp. Honey
- - Whole wheat tortillas
- - Lettuce
- - Brown ric, Jasmine rice, wheat berries, or grain of your choice
- - Whisk to combine the three sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- - Cut cabbage into thin strips. Shred carrots and radishes. Dice onion and garlic. Combine all veggies in a medium bowl. If using chicken, add to the bowl.
- - Pour sauce over veggies and toss to coat evenly.
- - Allow to sit for at least 10 min for sauce to absorb into veggies. I typically let it sit for 30 min.
- - It is best served cool or at room temperature.
- - Serve as a side. Or serve as an entree over rice or grain of your choice. Or put slaw into tortillas or lettuce to make wraps. It is very versatile!
- - Keeps well in refrigerator and does not get soggy after 1 day, so you can make it ahead or eat leftovers as lunch the next day.