Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Keywords: saute appetizer dessert soup/stew low-sodium nut-free soy-free sugar-free vegetarian cabbage Leeks Potato winter spring fall
A simple soup using winter veggies!
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced into thin pieces
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (depending on how much broth you like, I like my soups with less broth)
- 3 Tbsp. dried Rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. dried Sage
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, saute leeks and garlic until they become fragrant (about 5 min.)
- Add cabbage and potatoes. Cover veggies with broth and allow to simmer until potatoes become soft (about 10-15 min.).
- Pour in the rest of your broth, add herbs and salt and pepper, and allow to cook for an additional 5 min.