Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3-4 mins
Keywords: dessert chocolate cake
This microwave chocolate cake is super healthy and super yummy! Top it with a dollop of peanut butter "buttercream" frosting and consider your chocolate craving defeated!
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp plus 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp applesauce (or vegetable oil)
- 6 Tbsp milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C peanut butter (use any nut butter you like; I prefer PB2)
- 1/4 C confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 C water
- amounts of water and confectioner's sugar will vary depending on the consistency/sweetness you prefer.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into small ramekins (this recipe should fill 2) or a mug. If you plan to remove the cakes from the baking dishes, be sure to spray them with non-stick cooking spray before filling.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- While cakes cool, whip peanut butter and confectioner's sugar, adding water as necessary until desire consistency and sweetness is achieved.
- Let cakes cool completely, then frost and eat up!