Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 8 min.
Keywords: bake dessert low-sodium vegan dairy-free egg-free green tea St. Patrick's Day cookie spring
Perfect St. Patrick's Day dessert!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup green tea (matcha) powder; I used a sweetened version, if using unsweetened, OR you like a sweet cookie, add 1/3 cup cane sugar to the recipe.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. Cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with tin foil or non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with a potato masher. Add all liquid ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, add flours, green tea power, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour flour mixture into liquid mixture and stir to combine until a dough is formed.
- Form cookies by wetting hands and rolling a small amount of dough into a ball, then flattening out. Place on cookie sheet. I found it was easier to work with the dough when I had wet hands.
- Before placing into oven, combine the coconut flakes and 1 tsp of cane sugar. Sprinkle over cookies.
- Cook for 8 min.