BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Tostadas
Keywords: entree chicken cheese beans Mexican Southwest
Recipe taken from The Peaceful Mom Blog
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 can black beans or 1 1/2 cups prepared black beans
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- 12 tostadas
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour 1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or until done. Do not over cook.
- 20 minutes before dinner preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tostadas side by side on a large cookie sheet.
- Shred BBQ chicken in crock pot with a fork.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of chicken on each tostada.
- Top with 2-3 tablespoons black beans, 2-3 onion slices and 3-4 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.