Cauliflower Fried Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: saute stir-fry entree beta oxidizer gluten-free low-carb Japanese Fusion
A low-carb twist on an Asian Fusion favorite!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 head cauliflower
- ~1lb meat of choice (we chose chicken; steak and shrimp are great too)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 3 cups mixed veggies, cut into bite-sized pieces (we used peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and bok choy)
- 2 T soy sauce, or soy sauce alternative
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Grate cauliflower with a cheese grater to form "rice."
- Over medium heat, sautee veggies in 1 T coconut oil until just wilted, then set veggies aside.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to hot pan and cook until just browned.
- Add eggs and garlic to the pan, continuously stirring.
- Once eggs are cooked, add remaining T of oil and the cauliflower. Cook for about 1 minute, continuously stirring.
- Add back in the veggies, spices, and soy sauce.
- Cook until heated through.