Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
These warm, homemade apples will add a touch of sweetness to oatmeal, pancakes or muffins.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 medium apples (whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Peel, core and slice apples to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut apples into bite sized pieces.
- Put apples in a medium pot on the stove and turn on heat to medium. Add cinnamon, butter and sugar to your apples. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to medium low. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until apples are soft.