Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 - 28 minutes
Ingredients (12 muffins, 2 per serving)
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon each of ground ginger and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray or use muffin liners. In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add pumpkin mixture to the oats and stir to incorporate.
- Pour almond milk over the oats and mix well. Allow the mixture to set for about 3-5 minutes before spooning into your muffin tin.
- Fill muffin pan almost completely full with oatmeal mixture. Note, these will not rise like a muffin. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin tin with chopped pecans. If desired, add a sprinkle of sugar in the raw on top of your oatmeal for added sweetness and texture.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.