Easter Coconut Macaroons
Ingredients (24 Macaroons)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cadbury Mini Eggs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Fold in honey, vanilla, and coconut.
- Drop a tablespoon of batter onto prepared baking sheets. Depress the center of each macaroon to make a nest shape.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir thoroughly and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Invert macaroons and spread a thin layer of chocolate along the bottom. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Turn macaroons right side up and, using a fork, drizzle chocolate over top. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Garnish with Cadbury Mini Eggs or Easter treat of choice.