Vanilla Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Keywords: blender raw dessert sandwich snack vegan sugar-free fruit nuts seeds ice-cream
Vegan ice cream sandwiched between two raw coconut almond cookies in a dessert or snack that you will never know is free of refined sugar and with no dairy at all!
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 8 dates
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup large flake oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until ground up and clumps form.
- Pour the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper, and placing another piece on top, roll thinly.
- Score into squares or rectangles and place in the freezer to harden.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth, soft serve ice cream forms.
- Remove cookies from the freezer and smooth the ice cream on top of half of them, before topping with another cookie.
- Place the finished ice cream sandwiches in the freezer to harden.
- Before eating, allow the sandwiches to sit on the counter and soften for 5-6 minutes.