- 1C bulghur wheat
- 1 1/2C boiling water
- 1/4C freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4C olive oil
- 3 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1C minced green onion
- 1C chopped fresh mint
- 1C chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tsp black pepper
- In a bowl, combine bulgur with the boiling water. Add in lemon juice, olive oil, and a 1 1/2tsp salt.
- Stir and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Once all the liquid has absorbed (about 1 hour), add in scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, a pinch of salt, and the black pepper.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- (This tastes best after resting in the fridge for a few hours)