Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Keywords: breakfast vegetarian
Original Source: Annie's Eats
- 3C water
- 1C milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
- 1T butter
- 1C steel-cut oats
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3T brown sugar
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2C shredded coconut
- 1/3C raisins
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Bring water and milk to a simmer in a pan on stove.
- Melt the butter in small skillet. Add in oats and stir until slightly toasted.
- Add oats to simmering liquid.
- Reduce to medium-low and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in salt, brown sugar, carrot, coconut, raising, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Cook until almost all liquid absorbed, continuing to stir occasionally. This will take about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional coconut, milk, butter, and/or a sprinkle of walnuts.