Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Bake
Keywords: bake entree gluten-free vegetarian
Original Source: Two Peas and Their Pod
- 1C uncooked quinoa
- 1T olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds/ribs removed and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1C frozen corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1tsp cumin
- 1T chili powder
- 1/3C chopped cilantro
- salt, pepper
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2C red enchilada sauce
- 2C shredded Mexican cheese blend
- toppings of choice: avocado, green onions, cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with no-stick spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until softened and onions translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in peppers and corn.
- Cook for about 4 more minutes, until peppers are softened.
- Add in lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Stir to combine.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, black beans, sautéed veggies, and enchilada sauce.
- Once combined, stir in 1/2C of the shredded cheese.
- Transfer to the 9x13 pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Serve with toppings of choice.