Cumin Zucchini Salad with Pinto Beans
Keywords: roast salad entree side gluten-free vegan vegetarian
Original Source: Naturally Ella
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1T olive oil
- 1 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1 red pepper, roasted and diced
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3C minced cilantro
- 1/4C pepitas
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper or non-stick silpat.
- Place zucchini and onion on the prepped tray.
- Toss with olive oil, cumin and a pinch of salt.
- Roast at 400, until lightly browned. Toss halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- While the onions and zucchini are cooking, toss beans, roasted red pepper, cilantro, and pepitas in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the bean mixture and stir to combine.
- Allow the zucchini and onion to cool slightly.
- Combine with the bean mixture.
- Taste and add additional salt if needed.